9/22/07

At least I'm not a piney.

It's a fresh new weekend with a promise of chance thunderstorms and what do I do? I sit inside and blog instead of hopping on my bike before it rains and going to deposit my pay check. Instead of going to buy a new can of biscuits to replace the ones I ate that were supposed to be for tomorrow's breakfast. Oops. Oh well. Never put off for tomorrow what you can do the day after. Though I don't remember where I found that little quip. It's in my quote book. Speaking of which, it's woefully empty. So if you have any favorite quotes, feel free to send them to me. I'm always looking for more. One of my personal favorites:

"It is disconcerting to reflect on the number of students we have flunked in chemistry for not knowing what we later found to be untrue." ~Robert L. Weber

So work has started on the webcomic I mentioned briefly a few posts ago. I'm working with my MOFriend to get it up. I do the basic black-and-white line art, pass it on to her where she does the coloring and then it gets posted. Right now I'm just finalizing character designs. Fun! I think I'm starting to like drawing comic-style more than anime-style. (It's easier because it's simpler)

The scarf is making its way along, and so are the armwarmers. I got my yarn for the strikke along Julie's holding, though I don't think she got my comment saying I was joining. I'll repost it again. I'm doing the same socks as my mom in "poppy" (red) and "cream" (cream). They aren't snowflakes, they're pointsettias.

Work is going to be the death of me. By the way, I visited my doctor to have him check out my knee and was informed that the kid who kicked me managed to hit right where the tendon is closest to the skin and it's probably just knee-strain. But I had to get an x-ray just in case to make sure there was no bone chipping or bruising going on. I'm waiting for results. Anyway, I was talking to him about the awful kid that did it, and how I'm looking for a new job (or at least a second one) and he said "What a coincidence! We need someone to do filing!" So I'm going to be doing the filing for their office Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, 8-11 for $8.50 an hour. I don't know if it's under or on the table pay, but I guess I'll find out. If it's under the table, that's a good $76 a week. Added to my other income and I'm pretty happy. The people at the office are nice. I start Monday.

We're most likely going on a drive through the pine barrens tomorrow to end up at Batsto for a picnic. I invited the BF, but he supposedly has to go visit his dad. He's going to try to weasel out of it, though. I want to take him on a walk through the village. It's so pretty!
That is Batsto Mansion, which used to house the General Store and the ironmasters that used to work the forge. There are 32 rooms, and there is a tour of 14 of them. I want to take that tour so badly, but its never open when we are there! It's a truly beautiful building despite the obvious aging and this picture doesn't do it justice (but thanks for the loan, mom!).

The woods and Batsto are always so refreshing to visit. Though with the rain today, we might arrive in the parking lot the way we did last time: covered in mud and dripping!

No comments: