10/10/07

Here, class, we have an actual photo of a knitting project finished by Kate. This rare occurrance was documented this evening after her completion of threading some ribbon through an otherwise rather boring-looking wrist warmer. Her pride in finally completing one after many, many false starts was heart-warming to behold.

And indeed it was.

In other news, my dad made my mom a swift out of k'nex. I kid you not, it's made of those fun little building things that we kids loved dearly. Right now she's winding her October Art Walk sock yarn (it's so pretty!) and when she is done, I'll get to use it. Which is good, because I need to wind my own October yarn as well as some "berry bliss" that she gave me. My dad is a genius. Today is a day when I'm glad to know I have some of his blood. Just don't tell him that.

In more somber topics, work has, once again, dicked me over. They moved me out of PreK (yaaaaay!) and into Afterschoolers (eh...) and cut me down to 2:30-6:00 (shit!), maybe even 2:30-5:00 (crapshit!).
Needless to say, I am not happy about it at all.

Well, at least I have more time to knit. Must keep a positive outlook on this. Must not try to assassinate employers.

Frome women's eyes this doctrine I derive:
They sparkle still the right Promethean fire;
They are the books, the arts, the academes,
That show, contain, and nourish all the world.
~Love's Labours Lost (Shakespeare)

No comments: