10/18/07

I have to go back to work today.

I really don't want to, but I'd feel kind of bad calling out today, too. I mean...I called out Monday, I was out with a doctor's note Tuesday and Wednesday, and I have off tomorrow. Hmm. I've already made quite a few withdrawals from the karma bank this week, so I don't think I'l take any more chances. Besides, I'm going to go crazy if I spend another day inside the house. I have errands to run today.

On the plus side, I spent the majority of yesterday awake, and I completed the second wrist warmer last night, but now I have to reknit the first one, because they're different and I like the second one better. It's okay, though, I've got plenty of time today and the Transformers movie just entered our house on Tuesday, so I think I'll watch that and get some knitting done before I head off to work.

I want to stop by the oriental market that's on the way to my work because I'm looking for nori, the flat sheets of dried seaweed used in making sushi rolls. My dad and I are putting my Japanese cookbook to work this Saturday and we're going to try to make our own sushi. My mom has promised to take pictures of the adventure for me, so that I can post the whole event up here. It will be awesomeness personified, I'm sure. Ahahaha....

Yarn Harlot tomorrow! Yay! I don't know if I should bring the pointsettia socks or the wrist warmer. I'll probably cast on the socks I'm using my October yarn for and bring that.

Ah well, off to the...ah...kitchen for breakfast? Yeah, that sounds right.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
~The Fellowship of the Ring

1 comment:

Em said...

Yay for the Harlot! That was a fun evening. I hope you and Dadums find the stuff you need for sushi. There's some kind of Asian marketplacethingy on route 70 in Cherry Hill. You might try there for the seaweed and the fish.