11/6/07

AAAAHHHH OMGOMGOMG

I GOT ANOTHER JOB.
No, wait.
I GOT A BETTER JOB.
Ah, let's try that again.
IN TWO WEEKS I AM OUT OF THE DAYCARE CENTER.


I am SO FUCKING HAPPY.


It all started today with an errand down to the local mall to get new watch batteries put in for my mom and I. Well, one place couldn't do my mom's watch, and they didn't have the right size battery for mine (wtf? o.O) so I went downstairs to the other one. Mine got fixed, but the poor guy couldn't get the back off my mom's. He had the right tool, but he said something about it being too pressurized for him. But, he didn't charge me for my watch. And I couldn't tell how old he is (early twenties?) but I think he was flirting with me. o.O Wierd.
Anyway. So I decided to go around and fill out applications because I am DESPERATE to get out of Under the Sun. I originally wasn't going into the pet store, but I decided that anything was better than what I had, so I took a chance. Well, I filled out an application and found out from the manager that she was firing an "Animal Care" person today and needed someone to fill the spot, and was I okay with seven to two? I said yes, I was. I don't mind getting up that early. (I really don't. Stop laughing, I'm serious.) So. I start next week. Yes. I start training next week, and then I am officially away from UTS in two weeks. SO COOL. Better hours, better pay--I'm making more than minimum wage this time-- I am so fucking happy. I'll be squealing about this for the rest of the week.
I mean, animal care is all the glamorous stuff like feeding the animals, medicating them, cleaning cages and stuff, but I don't care. It's much the same as what I'm doing now, actually, just with animals that can't talk back or kick me in the patellar tendon.


In other news, construction has begun on the first knitting webcomic that I've ever seen. (Does Franklin's one-shots over at the Panopticon count?) I'm knitting myself a new hat with the gray wool/angora, I'm almost at the toe on my stranded color strikke-along socks though I am woefully behind on pictures, and my MO friend is coming for a week after Christmas to visit. I'm hitting a good luck streak and I'm wondering what kind of good karma I have built up that it all cashes out like this. I'm really grateful for what I've got. I mean, I'm still not exactly where I want to be, but Im on my way. And that's totally worth it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to UTS and gladly put in my two weeks.
...
NEW JOB.

Can this cockpit hold
The vasty fields of France? Or may we cram
Within this wooden O the very casques
That did affright the air at Agincourt?
O, pardon! since a crooked figure may
Attest in little place a million.
And let us, ciphers to this great accompt
On your imaginary forces work.
~Henry V; I, i, 11-18
Shakespeare

2 comments:

Donna Lee said...

Glad you get to start somewhere else. I hope the new job is not disappointing. By the way, you do know that the pets will have to be fed and cleaned up after even on Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc?

Em said...

Yay for new jobs!!! It may not be CEO of some glamorous company, but it's better than getting your ass handed to you by a bunch of kids, no?