4/1/08

Insert Witty Title Here

Oh my, it's been a while since I've posted. I guess since my life is so uneventful, I don't feel there is much to post about.

Recently, I've been working on the Denmark socks for my dad and I'll post pictures when the first one is done. The hp knee-highs are coming along slowly, but I haven't given up on them yet.

I went up with my parents on Saturday to Em's house to celebrate her birthday with her a bit early (it's actually tomorrow, the 2nd, but we can't all come up on a wednesday) and I got a lot of enjoyment out of stuffing the penguin with cumpled $1 bills and roving. You can see pictures of it in the works and completed over at Donna Lee's blog. Em, of course, with her great, compassionate love of our flightless avian friends, thought it was hilarious. Only not. The look on her face when she opened the box and found a knee-high, ugly stuffed penguin was priceless. It spoke volumes of her loathing.

While I was there, Colleen lent me an anime that I'd been searching for for about a year now called "Kino's Journey" or "The Beautiful World." It's one of those shows for thinkers. Kino and her talking motocycle Hermes travel the world and running into new and interesting places and people. One country they visit is convinced the world will end the night after she arrives. There's a country where a people who banned their old traditions after exiling their king try to make up new traditions in the fear that they'll never have any of their own again. She saves three men starving to death in the middle of winter, who turn out to be slavers. It's good stuff.

She also lent me two play station games. One is Final Fantasy VII and the other is Vagrant Story. The second one is unknown to me, and I haven't played it yet, so I can't say much. FFVII, however, is a completely different story. Seven is the most wildly popular final fantasy game ever put out by squaresoft. On ebay, I found one going for $58 for just the game. It's one of two final fantasy games to have a squel (the other is Final Fantasy X and X-2). Granted, the sequel is a movie (Final Fantasy VII Advent Children). There is a game out based entirely on one of the side-characters (Dirge of Cerberus), and a prequel that just came out to a very eager crowd of gamers (Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core). Oh, did I mention the cell phone game ...?

I've played the prequel and I've played parts of 7 itself, but still...knowing that the main character of CC is going to die doesn't make the graphics any better. And what's worse is you know he's going to die, because in the original 7, he's already dead. It's sad. Speaking of graphics, the graphics of FF7 are horrific. I mean, I know it's old, and I totally understand that. It came to America 11 years ago. But... jeeze.

Well, I've run out of things to say again. Aren't I so interesting? Oh my. It's pouring rain very suddenly. Better go batten down the hatches.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
John Muin

No comments: