6/18/09

Well, it's a slow rainy morning today. I told Patrick I would let him sleep in today since I made him get up early the past couple of days to get stuff done, so he's only just starting to roll over and become conscious. He made me put the window fan on because the laptop is spewing hot air at him, but it's making me chilly. I'm going to steal his robe in a minute.

My mom posted some Q/A thing she got from someone else, and I always like answering those things. I like to think about my answers, and they change depending on my mood or the weather, so you won't always get the same answer twice.


What Is Your Current Obsession?

Shawls. I love them.

What Are You Wearing Today?

I'm still in bed, so it's a nightgown for me.


What's for dinner?

I have no idea yet. I'm not entirely sure what's for lunch. I am totally feeling sushi, but Patrick isn't a fan so I don't know what we'll do. Maybe some Chinese...?

What Would You Eat for Your Last Meal?


Spaghetti. With butter and cheese and garlic bread. And my mom's home made apple cake.


What's the Last Thing You Bought?

Yarn to make a scarf for Ty.

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

The window fan, and some birds waking up after the rain we had. Also, Patrick is snoring a little bit.


If you could go anywhere in the world in the next hour, where would you go?

Down to the Pine Barrens. Or maybe Ireland? And I've always wanted to see Australia... I don't know. I have so many places I want to go, I can't choose just one.


Which language do you want to learn?


I took two years of French in high school, and had mandatory Spanish in grade school, and I know bits and pieces of basic conversation in Japanese. But I always wanted to learn something whimsical, like Gaelic or something.


What do you love most about where you currently live?


I love the fact that I am in the middle of everything. Beach, woods, city... we have it all within three hours of us. And I like the comfort of a small neighborhood where you walk outside and greet your neighbors with a smile.


What is your favourite colour?

Green. To be honest, I like every color except black, but Green is my favorite. And not even a particular shade of green, I like it all. Neon, lime, dark, pale, jade, everything.

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?

My Iron Man hoodie. I got a plain black hoodie for Christmas two years ago. That summer, I gave it to my friend Caryn and told her to surprise me. She painted Iron Man on it for me. I love it to death and the elastic cuffs are dying from wear. I need to replace them soon.

What were you doing ten years ago?

Waiting impatiently for summer vacation to come. I was turning ten, and spending all of my time running around outside in the sun, swimming in the pool, and sleeping. And I ate a lot, too. My hair got sun-bleached a lot when I was younger.

Describe your personal style?

I like jeans and sneakers and whatever is comfortable. I was never one for dressing up and looking feminine, and I spent so much of my life outside playing and getting dirty, dresses and skirts got in my way.

If you had $300 right now what would you spend it on?

Practically? I'd spent it on classes over at the county college. Frivolously? I don't know. Yarn sounds tasty, but so does some new clothes. Choices, choices...

What are you going to do after this?

Read my webcomics and then take a shower. After that, I don't know.

What inspires you?


My parents, my friends, my sisters... everyone inspires me in different ways. Roxie inspires me to write, Bells inspires me to knit. My parents inspire me to try harder at everything I do. Emily inspires me to keep trying and never give up. Caryn and Bob always inspire me to laugh or smile. Patrick inspires me to do lots of things. Even people I don't like inspire me sometimes.


What are your favourite films?

Henry V, The Muppet Movie, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Trek... The list goes on.

Who's work/designs are you inspired by?

Oh, everyone. I am altogether so faceted that everyone can find a side to polish.


Your favourite books?

How about we do this the easy way: authors first, and then individual books. J. R. R. Tolkien, Brian Jacques, Stephen King, Philip Pullman, Isaac Asimov, The Once and Future King, The Mists of Avalon, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Do You Collect Anything?

Not especially. Well, no, that's a lie. I collect Ramune bottles.

What makes you follow a blog?

My mom might suggest someone, or I'll follow a link from a comment. From there, if I find them interesting, I'll keep coming back.

What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?

I slept in, kind of. Other than that, not going to work is the most enjoyable thing.

What's one thing you dream of doing?

Becoming a high school English teacher and educating kids in a fun way that makes them want to learn. I want them to take an interest in reading and writing and proper English. I'd like to make sure they can spell the word "lemon" by the time the graduate. My 30-something year old manager can't spell lemon correctly. Neither can two of my coworkers. I find that to be irrevocably depressing.

Well, that's that for today. I'll post this weekend with some fiber photos. Hope the end of your week goes smoothly, everyone!

"Also, how did the mind-flayer slaves work out last night?"
"I skipped over them and straight up used a mind flayer. It was interesting, almost killed Ben's character."

~Bob and I, discussing D&D this morning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can' t but agree.I every time wanted to write in my site something like that but I believe you' r faster.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]