10/1/09

Yes, Exactly.

I had originally intended this post to be one of pleasant thoughts and peaceful meditations on various aspects of my life.
I couldn't come up with too many.
So I will vent, compensate with whatever good news I can scrape off the pavement of my life, and throw in some yarn to hold it all together. Let's hope this works.

I'll start with TDBank. Most stateside readers will know what I'm talking about when I expound on this story. I switched to TD from Wachovia for the more convenient hours and because I kept getting attitude from the people at Wachovia whenever I went in. Not overt attitude, but a general undertone of dislike. Well, long story short, TD's back office screwed up and took money out of my account that was meant to be from someone else's. That was two and a half weeks ago, after they told me 2-3 business days and I'd have my money back. Yesterday I went in to deposit my tips and check and raise a little indignant hell as to why they still hadn't given me my money, but their systems were all down. It's a miracle I could deposit money. If I don't get a call I was promised by the time I get off tomorrow, I am showing up at my bank and making them know my unhappiness. I hate to be that impatient customer who is angry and in your face, but this isn't just a burned pizza. This is $115 of my money that they took by their own mistake and they need to fix it. Now.
I will try very hard to keep my rage in check and remember that a calm talk between two parties trying their best to understand each other is the easiest way to get your thoughts through.
I will try.

No promises.

My DSi is broken. The right shoulder button isn't responding, which is an important button in the game I just purchased. However, the good news is that when I went to Nintendo's website to see what could be done, they informed me that I can get it repaired completely free. I am suitably excited. I will make use of my dad's printer on Saturday, and hopefully have my DSi shipped out to be fixed by Monday. Hooray for Nintendo's Customer Service department! (Much better service than Microsoft's, by all accounts.)

I have now been turned down for three jobs because I don't have a car. Despite my repeated vows of faithfulness to a schedule, and half-jokingly saying that I'd walk a mile in a hail storm to get to work on time. Just no one wants a person who doesn't have a set mode of transportation. Everyone in the area where I can bike to isn't hiring (trust me, I've tried. I got turned down by a local diner because they'd just hired a bunch of people). And places where I'd have to take the bus to don't trust public transportation. I understand that perhaps they'd had problems with people not having cars before, but... I'm not them. Not that they would know that, of course. It's a blow. And I can't afford a car until I get a better job.

On the positive side, I am in fine health the last time I really checked. I'm not locked away in prison or an insane asylum. I have fiber and knitting needles. I have a boyfriend who loves and supports me in everything I do. I have friends who make me feel better when I'm really down about stuff. I have a family who is always there for me no matter what. I have a roof over my head and a hot meal in my stomach. I have money coming in, even if it isn't as much as I'd like.
I think that's doing pretty good.

Blogtoberfest will not beat me. I will post every day!

Patrick is knitting a blanket. More on that tomorrow.


"Believe nothing. No Matter where you have read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own common sense."
~The Buddha

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

You're right, they don't know you. I know you'd get to work on time and do a good job.

I'm crossing my fingers for you. Switch banks! Those people suck big time!