9/27/11

It seems like everyone and their extended family has caught the plague that's going around lately, and I am no exception.
I've been fighting off a combination of a clinging cold and upstart allergies for nearly two weeks now, and Patrick developed something over the weekend, feeling pretty bad by Sunday. We limited contact because I didn't want to be more sick, but that didn't work. I woke up Monday morning and felt like I'd been smacked in the face with a big stick.
My state quickly degraded as the day went on, leaving me a medicine-induced hazy pile of mush on the couch for much of the day. My headache worsened, I went through half a box of tissues in under an hour, and I managed to drink an entire pot of hot tea by myself, which didn't soothe my throat as much as I had hoped it would. I called my bass teacher and let him know I was plagued and wouldn't be able to make it, apologizing for calling last minute. He said it was fine, people get sick and shit happens. I've rescheduled for next week. I also talked to Bob and let him know that Patrick and I were likely skipping.
Patrick called me and told me he felt terrible, like he'd been hit by a car. His whole body hurt.
I laid down for a nap around 3, and I slept through the alarm that was supposed to make it only half an hour long. I slept through my back-up alarm that would have made it an hour, because I know how I sleep when I'm sick. I woke up at about 4:40 and sent off a quick message to Bob that we definitely wouldn't be over for D&D.
I woke up again at 5:45 when Patrick called to tell me he was on his way home.

I've spend most of today being a medicine-induced hazy pile of mush. I'm really trying to rest and relax and kick this thing as quickly as possible, because I have an eight-hour day tomorrow, and I really don't want to miss a shift. That kills my paycheck. I plan on lots of sleeping, fluids, and rest today, and an early night tonight. Hopefully I'll be okay for work tomorrow.

Knitting is going along with two Christmas projects otn and a super-secret thing in progress, but not much lately. I explode randomly from the face, and that doesn't make for good knitting.

They made up their minds, and they started packing.
They left before the sun came up that day.
An exit to eternal summer slacking...
But where were they going without ever knowing the way?
They drank up the wine, and they got to talking.
They now had more important things to say.
And when the car broke down they started walking.
Where were they going without ever knowing the way?

Anyone can see the road that they walk on is paved in gold
It's always summer they'll never get cold
They'll never get hungry, they'll never get old and gray
You can see their shadows wandering off somewhere
They won't make it home but they really don't care
They wanted the highway, they're happier there today
Today

The Way~Fastball

2 comments:

roxie said...

Oh you got a real case, you poor baby. Hope you heal fast. Chicken soup?

Donna Lee said...

Poor baby. I sympathize. You know you can call if you guys need anything.

And I love that song. It sticks in your head.