7/30/07

I have never been so frustrated.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!


Oh no, wait wait wait, what's the phrase for it? "Ah non, je dois dechirer. Encore."


My lovely and much troubled-over beret which has gone through four starts and a yarn change has now been ripped almost all the way back to the beginning. I think that I must have knitted part of it while I was half asleep because I had somehow managed to drop three stitches (all in seperate rows) and reverse the p-k rows WITHOUT EVEN REALIZING IT until I was about two inches from the end.


The result? My beret has not been finished yet and out of pure frustration, I haven't update my blog in almost a month. It irks me so much that I can't believe I was that clumsy. My mom's words of comfort have not done much comforting. Telling me that it's the project and not the finish that's important doesn't console me as to my loss of pride at my wonderful mostly-done beret. Oh well. She is right, I suppose, but I'm still upset that I had to go so far back. I don't even have any pictures of it almost done. I do, however, have a picture of it in the gray yarn that I switched to.
The yarn is yet another steal (gift) from my mom's stash: alpaca-shetland-somethingorother. It's amazingly soft. Oh, and I know the beret looks ribbed, but it's just the way the increases gather on the needle. The pattern tells you to cast on five stitches and by the time you're done increasing, you have 145 stitches. That's a lot of increases.
In other news, I have magically and quite randomly contracted some random cold either from work or from a friend. Personally, my bet is on work (that's what I get for working at a daycare) but when a friend is offering free homemade chicken pot pie as a sort of apology for getting me sick, I'm not going to argue. Mmm... pot pie...

1 comment:

Meg said...

What a nightmare! Hope you feel better soon!