1/5/08

My laziness. Let me show you it.

Wow, has it really been almost a month since my last post? Oops. I am neglecting my blog.

I have no pictures to post right now, but I swear on the life of my pink shirt that I'll post some later. We're taking Holly down to AC today to walk the boardwalk and have a splendid dinner at Harrah's buffet. They are so much win.

I have done very little of anything productive in the past week and a half. Mostly because Holly is here and I don't feel like doing much. We went to Haddonfield and had crepes. They were delicious. We went to Philly to see the Mummers Parade. It was cool but really boring because there were fifty billion comic brigades and the comics suck. The fancies were nowhere to be seen. We went to Philly yesterday to have lunch at the 10th Street Pour House with my mom and one of her coworkers. The sandwich I had (cajun popcorn chicken po'boy) was absolutely delicious. ...I ate a lot this week.

On the knitting front, not much has happened. At all. I am slightly ashamed of my lack of knitting, but not very. I've recently lost my job at the pet store, so I'll have more time to knit, soon. The reason I got fired, I've been told (by the trustworthy manager) is that the district manager decided that the Echelon store was going to hire back two people who left, and then fire all the other animal care. So Alecs, the manager I don't like, managed to keep Mike the Caveman Smoker and had to get rid of everyone else. He also decided that he wasn't going to tell me I was fired until I asked why I wasn't on next week's schedule. Ultimate suck! So Matt, the cool one, filled me in. He said it wasn't fair for me not to know.
Alecs=jerkface
Matt=the only cool person in the store
Mike=caveman

Anyway. Ranting done.

Hope you all had a wonderful new year, and that the coming months are full of FO's!


"It's Christmas Eve and the Soviets are cheating on arms agreements!" 12-24-85
(I took it from my mom's quote book. No idea who said it or what was going on that made them say it.)

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

That came from the npr news radio station at 12 on christmas eve. The soviets were stockpiling arms in direct disregard of signed arms agreement. We just thought it was an ironic counterpoint to the peace that is supposed to reign on christmas eve.