6/15/08

Way to fail me, Portugal...*

I'm the only one in my family who follows the Euro Cup. My dad and El keep an eye on the World Cup, when it comes around, but I'm all about European soccer. Yami and I bore Corey to death when we talk about the games and the teams, but he'll just have to deal. She's the only one who understood my pain when Germany lost against Croatia, 2-1. She was just as happy as me when Spain beat out Sweden, also 2-1.

Soccer is the only sport I ever really followed. I wasn't into football (too many rules), hockey didn't really do it for me (though El loved it for a time), and baseball just wasn't my thing (boring). But then I started watching the World Cup with my dad. We'd sit downstairs in front of the tv and watch the games, eating peanuts (a favorite pastime). Soccer was just what I wanted in a sport. It moved fast enough that I could watch and not get bored, but it wasn't so complicated that I couldn't follow it. It was rough enough to make me cringe at some of the spectacular falls of the players, and yet it wasn't nearly so bone-shattering as, say, foot ball or hockey. And so, all these many years later, I'm still following soccer.

I want to see the Polan-Croatia game so baaaaad... But we have no tv, and so I can't get the games. I never watched much tv, but I'm really hurting for it now. Maybe I can get Corey to record certain games for me, and then I can just watch them at his house... Hmm...

Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.
-John Russel

* today's blog title is taken from Portugal's loss to Switzerland 2-0. They could have done so much better...

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hey Team Leader! I've nabbed that button and will upload it once I get a chance--thanks!

0p4k3 said...

http://www.oleolefootball.com/

Enjoy the competition!! Even if its not REAL football....