7/24/08

My goodness, has it really been so long? Lots of things have been popping up in front of my face urgently for about two weeks now, and as there are exactly two weeks until Otakon, I'm doing my best to get everything squared away. I have a skirt and two corsets to embroider, three kimono-tops to sew (those are easy, though, it's joining rectangles together), and two wigs to purchase and style.
Oh my.

I've found myself with little time for knitting, though I'm squeezing it in when I can. I'm almost done the first monkey sock, and it's much slower going than I expected, though not because it's diffifult. Actually, the pattern is incredibly easy and I like it quite a bit. I think these socks will go to my Aunt Joan, though I have another person in mind for them. And as she's done me many many favors over the few years I've known her (and she was very impressed with my orange monkies) I think she'll appreciate them.

In the after life, you could be headed for a serious time
Now you make the scene all day
But tomorrow there'll be hell to pay
~Squirrel Nut Zippers "Hell"

No comments: