12/2/08

Ahaha, this is so exciting!

Oh my. It HAS been a while, hasn't it? Ahahaha.... Oops.

So, here's a quick run down of how things have been going with me. I'll make it short and then get on with the knitting news.

-My jobs suck still. I am in the process of finding one with more hours and better pay (wish me luck).
-I am exceptionally poor. This makes Christmas a bit hard this year, as I have at least a dozen people to shop for. Oh boy.
-Knitting has been left in the dust in the wake of my need to work.
-I like bulleting things.

My father and I took a nice trip down to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum on Saturday. It wasn't the one in DC, we opted for the Udvar-Hazy (pronounced OODvar HOHZy, go figure, I've been saying it wrong the whole time) Center that is in Virginia, near the Dulles Airport. It has a shuttle on display. SO COOL. The place was enormous, and there was so much to look at we didn't get to see it all in one day. I'll post pictures with my next post.
Dad was more excited than I was. This is his Christmas present from last year, and we decided to go on the 29th because otherwise it was going to wraparound into this year as well.

In the fiber news, hurricane "Patrick's Scarf" has made its run and passed onto a new owner. Meanwhile, there's a spinning warning coming in locally with a cloud of hand-dyed Romney. There's a unknown factor that may combine with this incoming storm that we're referring to as "Emily's Present." Updates will be posted regularly.

Today's Buddhist inspiration says, "Be moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance."
Lazarus Long has a counter-quote. "To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites! moderation is for monks."
Think about that.

No comments: